Post subject: Re: The Human Centipede 2 REJECTED
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:09 pm 

I watched this last week as well and couldn't agree more

Complete pile of turd and genuinely couldn't find anything redeemable about it.

Also re the cuts I personally think they left in a very distasteful scene involving a car peddle.....

This was really unnecessary and would have preferred to have seen some of other cut scenes - if preferred is the right phrase?!

I didn't think the first one was a good film but it was hands above this one - at least it had some good performances and also some of the horror wasn't shown - i.e. the suggestion was more effective

Don't get me wrong I don't shy away from gore/splatter/general horrible things but I also don't need to see shit squirting out of the side of someone's mouth....the reactions and the look on the faces in the first sequence was far more effective.

As for the final part............can't wait

"As of August 2011, Six was already working on a sequel, to be titled The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence). Six has revealed that the film will again be very different from the previous part but will also start with its ending, so in the end the parts of the trilogy would form one continuous film about four and a half hours long, making it similar to a centipede. Critics have likened this progression to the repeated defecation of each "segment" into the next. He also stated that the third film will answer some "lasting questions," will have a strange happy ending, and will be the last of the series as he does not want to do any more Centipede films.[13] In an interview with DreadCentral.com, Six said the third film will "make the last one look like a Disney film. We're going to shoot the third film entirely in America, and it's going to be my favourite... It's going to upset a lot of people"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm 

Kesslers_Curse wrote:
Now that the film has finally passed the rating system after being heavily cut, is anyone actually going to watch the film?. Personally i'm only interested in watching it uncut to be honest, much like A Serbian Film i want to see it all or not at all. though as far as i'm aware there isn't an uncut copy to be found.

Yes, this is exactly my position on it. Eventually an uncut version will be available in some form (fingers crossed for a region one unrated), but my desire to see this is not so great that I can't wait for it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 am 

Looks like you can get it uncut here.

Of course there other ways of 'acquiring' it - to be honest it's very low down on my priorities.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 am 

Well I quite enjoyed The Human Centipede 2.
I feel that it was supposed to be received as a very black comedy rather than a “serious” horror movie. I’ve heard a few interviews with Tom Six and although he does seem to be deliberately ambiguous about the point of the film it does come across that it’s not meant to be taken too seriously.
I appreciate we all have different tastes and some won’t see the funny side (I personally found A Serbian Film to be so monstrous and in such poor taste that it could be nothing more than a “comedy”) but things like Martins overbearing mother and the actors facial expressions – I thought the guy was brilliant- made me think it was all for grins.
And I laughed. A lot.
I enjoyed the original The Human Centipede (even though I got pissed off with people who tend not to watch horror movies talking about it as though it was the Holy Grail in decadence to watch such a controversial film) I felt that this was a fitting sequel. And to be honest I didn’t find anything particularly offensive about it. I did feel that the last 20mins seemed to lack a bit of pace but over all I thought it was a lot of fun and different enough from its predecessor to stand as its own movie.
Be interesting to see where the third one goes…